Jagiellonian University Repository

Selected predictors of the sense of intimacy in relationships of young adults

pcg.skipToMenu

Selected predictors of the sense of intimacy in relationships of young adults

Show full item record

dc.contributor.author Czyżowska, Dorota [SAP11014815] pl
dc.contributor.author Gurba, Ewa [SAP11010124] pl
dc.contributor.author Czyżowska, Natalia pl
dc.contributor.author Kalus, Alicja pl
dc.contributor.author Sitnik-Warchulska, Katarzyna [SAP14026976] pl
dc.contributor.author Izydorczyk, Bernadetta [SAP14022155] pl
dc.date.accessioned 2019-12-19T12:23:31Z
dc.date.available 2019-12-19T12:23:31Z
dc.date.issued 2019 pl
dc.identifier.issn 1661-7827 pl
dc.identifier.uri https://ruj.uj.edu.pl/xmlui/handle/item/129554
dc.language eng pl
dc.rights Udzielam licencji. Uznanie autorstwa 4.0 Międzynarodowa *
dc.rights.uri http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/pl/legalcode *
dc.title Selected predictors of the sense of intimacy in relationships of young adults pl
dc.type JournalArticle pl
dc.description.physical 1-13 pl
dc.identifier.weblink https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/16/22/4447/htm pl
dc.abstract.en The main research objective of this study was seeking the predictive role of closeness to parents, attachment, identity style, identity commitment, type of relationship, and having children in intimacy among young women and men. Many studies indicate differences in the level of engagement, communication, and satisfaction in relationships. The study group comprised 227 people, including 114 women (M = 29.99; SD = 4.36), and 113 men (M = 30.00; SD = 4.33). A total of 40% of the subjects were married, and the remaining 60% subjects were in informal relationships; 101 people had children and the other individuals were childless. The following instruments were used: The Miller Social Intimacy Scale, questionnaires to assess closeness and attachment, and the Identity Style Inventory. The significance of the differences and the stepwise regression analysis were performed. The results of the study demonstrated a higher level of intimacy in a relationship with a partner among women than men. The nature of a relationship does not matter to the sense of intimacy. However, closeness to parents during childhood and adolescence, the model of interpersonal relations, and the identity style are predictors of intimacy in a relationship. The study results can be used in creating preventive and educational programs focused on family life and satisfied relationships. pl
dc.subject.en intimacy pl
dc.subject.en satisfaction in relationships pl
dc.subject.en engagement pl
dc.subject.en communication pl
dc.subject.en closeness pl
dc.description.volume 16 pl
dc.description.number 22 pl
dc.description.publication 0,8 pl
dc.identifier.doi 10.3390/ijerph16224447 pl
dc.identifier.eissn 1660-4601 pl
dc.title.journal International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health pl
dc.language.container eng pl
dc.date.accession 2019-11-26 pl
dc.affiliation Wydział Zarządzania i Komunikacji Społecznej : Instytut Psychologii Stosowanej pl
dc.affiliation Wydział Filozoficzny : Instytut Psychologii pl
dc.subtype Article pl
dc.identifier.articleid 4447 pl
dc.rights.original CC-BY; otwarte czasopismo; ostateczna wersja wydawcy; w momencie opublikowania; 0 pl
dc.identifier.project ROD UJ / OP pl
.pointsMNiSW [2019 A]: 140


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Udzielam licencji. Uznanie autorstwa 4.0 Międzynarodowa Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Udzielam licencji. Uznanie autorstwa 4.0 Międzynarodowa